Resources on Literacy
- Center for Literacy - The Center for Literacy (CFL) is Pennsylvania's oldest and the nation's largest community-based adult literacy organization.
- Family Literacy Pathway - ERIC Clearinghouse on Urban Education -- Pathway on Family Literacy. The links within the pathway point you to a variety of Internet resources. There are research papers, book advertisements, program overviews, organization home pages, and more within this guide.
- Literacy and Education Archive - This page has assorted links to papers on literacy and education, as well as links to several related archives.
- McREL's Literacy Initiative
- Media Literacy On-Line Project - Our goal is to provide a support service for teachers, and others, concerned with the influence of media in the lives of children and youth. We have created this comprehensive media literacy resource collection to facilitate that objective.
- National Center on Adult Literacy (NCAL) Online - NCAL focuses primarily on literacy research and innovation in North America.
- National Institute for Literacy (NIFL) LINCS - NIFL was created as a part of the 1991 Literacy Act by a bipartisan Congressional coalition to be the hub of national literacy efforts.
- Read-Write-Now! - assists families in fostering good literacy habits in their children and to assist schools and other youth and educational organizations in improving reading and writing abilities.
- READY*SET*READ Early Childhood Learning Kit - includes Activity Guides for Families and Caregivers (Spanish versions are also available), a Growth Chart, and an Activity Calendar, filled with helpful tips and special activities to promote reading and language skills for young children.